October 21, 2012

Whoops....



I know that I should have made a photo a day work, after all it's just one photo a day.  Try as I might I almost never make it past February or March. It first starts with not getting to edit the photos, then goes to I forgot a day so I can make it up, until at the end I am avoiding my camera.  I do that often, for as much as I LOVE to take photographs, I have also in a way become my own worst enemy.

I start by not wanting to haul my cameras with me (and they need a good cleaning and tune up too), then it's 'the kids won't work with me', until finally I just give up.  I rationalize it, that I can't do great in the moment photos (no iPhone), I don't have a decent point and shoot (for those that don't know me I have pretty high standards for even snaps -- something I am working on). The result is that, me, queen of capturing the everyday, hides from taking photos for the rest of the year.

This year I have a new plan, it's to start my photo a day with Halloween, maybe even a few days before, the goal is to make my 'few' weeks of diligence pay off by capturing the magic of the holidays.  Who knows I might even make it through the hump and take it a full year.

No comments:

Post a Comment